You Never Know What You Might Encounter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Never Know What You Might Encounter

Attention new members, please read the rules. If you fail to do so, action will be taken.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingseat Hospital

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sashminda
Top Moderator
Top Moderator

Kingseat Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Kingseat Hospital   Kingseat Hospital I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:51 am

Okay for the first story of the site I thought I might just get things rolling with something cose to home, literally!

Kingseat Hospital was a psychiatric facility located in the south of Auckland, New Zealand where I live. It closed in 1999 and was notorious for its supposed apparitions and ghosts. It has now been converted into New Zealand's premier horror theme park, which I visited this year with a friend (miki) though we went to the daytime children's maize maze @_@. Here's a wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingseat_Hospital

The hospital itself was very much accused of maltreating patients. Here's a New Zealand herald article of a case involving a young boy (as we all know, psychiatric care is one of the greatest shames and one of the greatest horrors of western medicine during the 20th century): http://www.peterellis.org.nz/Institutions/Psychiatric/2004/2004-0619_NZHerald_WitnessToBoys.htm
In short, a wayward boy made friends with a "chubby Maori kid" who was then killed after stealing some bread by a nurse who broke his back with a kick. The 'cover up" was that the Maori boy died of untreated pneumonia. By the Wikipedia source, over 200 people have claimed maltreatment at the hands of Kingseat Hospital.

Apparently the most well-known ghost is the 'Grey Nurse' a supposed former staff member, lurking around the former nurse's quarters. I've looked at Kiwi forum about ghosts, and learnt that before the theme park opened, people held proper horror tours in which maybe strange occurrences have happened, including a jacket being mysterious folded after being left behind on a tour, and mysterious figures following the tour groups.

The TV show Ghost Hunt has also been involved with this (before the theme park), but I can't source the video, I'll look around.

Unfortunately, since Spookers (the theme park) arrived, the 'real' scares have diminished. Sad unfortunate for paranormal seekers, but the theme park looks quite fun! When I went, the place was not overly done, and looked very convincing and derelict, with only the entrance being fancied up. I'm planning to visit again soon if I can ^^.

Edit: I've found the episode ^^ gosh it looks so creepy and proper haunted-mansion-y in its glory days. The theme park sort of ruined the atmosphere XD but at least its now family-friendly lol.

Back to top Go down

Kingseat Hospital

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You Never Know What You Might Encounter :: The Spirit Realm :: Famous Haunts-