You Never Know What You Might Encounter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Never Know What You Might Encounter

Attention new members, please read the rules. If you fail to do so, action will be taken.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShadowChaser's Florida Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser's Florida Story Empty
PostSubject: ShadowChaser's Florida Story   ShadowChaser's Florida Story I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:46 am

Hey guys. I'm re-posting this from another site by request. It's probably one of the scariest experiences I've had and I'd love to hear your thoughts. So here goes. It's a bit long as the events took place over a full week.

My grandfather bought a house down in Florida. The previous owner was a man who was married three times, and the first 2 times, his wife had "disappeared". The police investigated but never found either of their bodies. The first wife was flighty so they thought he ran away but not the second.

SO when my grandfather got the house he had to let the police spray luminol and all to detect traces of blood, which they found in the master bedroom but in small quantities.

Fast forward about a year. He was going to let us use his house to go on a family vacation. It was my mom, myself, my sister MIchelle who was six years younger, my aunt Patty, and my cousin Diane who was also six years younger.

We had no idea the house was haunted or anything and only my mom even knew about the luminol and police investigation. We settled in for the first night and my mom was up late washing dishes. Out of the corner of her eye she thought she saw a shadow about 5 feet high pass by heading to the master bedroom out of the corner of her eye.

((Man I'm getting the chills retelling this. I'm home alone Very Happy So spooked!))

The second day, me and my sister found a walk in closet with a bunch of dresses and decided to play dress up. We were playing with the clothes and I reached in and parted the hanging clothes to reveal the deep walk-in part when all of a sudden both of us saw that there was a weird shadow deep in the closet. And it started to move. This odd shadow drifted towards us from out of the closet. It hovered about a foot off the floor, was about the height of a person and had roughly shaped head and shoulders tapering to nothing at the bottom....no face either. Just dark grayness.

My sister ran for it but I was completely frozen. My brain was screaming RUN but my feet wouldn't budge. It was like me and the gray thing had sort of locked eyes and I was rooted to the spot. Finally as it made its way out of the closet and about 6 feet from me, my sister ran back and grabbed my hand which seemed to sort of break the spell or whatever and we both ran like crazy. We told our parents but they brushed us off.

So that night, my mom sees the same thing, an odd shadow passing on the edge of her vision while doing dishes. But she still thinks nothing of it.

Nothing much happens the third day except my little cousin Diane said a monster chased her down the driveway and we all giggled about it. She was only 6. We thought she was making it up. ^^

But on the third night something did happen. The odd thing about this house which still goes on today, is that they cannot ever get a clock working decently there. They all malfunction. So I was laying in bed and the clock next to me starting ticking irregularly like:

tick tick ticktickticktktkt tick....tick.......tick.... (you get the idea)

It got my attention. The hands were even moving in a funny way and I felt frightened. Then my light started flickering a bit. Not going out, just dimming and brightening. And lastly I saw a shadow sort of ooze under the door. When it was all the way in the light started flickering like crazy and the clock was running all out of kilter. I pulled the covers up to my eyes when all of a sudden the door flew open and my mom came in. The second she did that thing slipped under the bed. She procedded to ask me if I had seen anything unusal in the house because she had just seen the shadow come to my room. I was like YES!!! I was too scared to tell her it was under the bed but we both left the room and I slept on the couch.

There were a few more sightings here and there by all of us but nothing too frightening. Not until we came back from Disney World.

We had a rental van with three rows of seats so I was in the middle and the younger ones in the back in car seats. We just pulled onto the property which was a farm and had a LOONG driveway. All of a suden I felt the strongest urge to open a window. It was really weird. So I reached my hand over to open it and my hand passed through something ice cold and tingly. I looked and there was the creepy shadow thing in the car with me and sharing MY seat. I sort of freaked out. Very Happy I scootched all the way to the edge of the seat and asked if I could sit up front with my mom. Not knwoing the reason she said no.

OK so my mom got out halfway up the driveway to feel the cows. Yes, part of our job when we stayed there was to feed four cows. She gets the feed bucket and all the cows are coming towards her all hungry and happy.

Suddenlt they STOP dead and begin to back up. My mom looked over her shoulder to see what had spooked them and that shadow thing....it was right behind her with a sort of appendage-arm draped on her shoulder!

Her scream could have broken the car windows. She ran into the car and her and my aunt started talking about getting a hotel. But it's the middle of nowhere in these parts and it's 3AM. We have no clue where to go.

So my aunt Patty decides she's going to be brave and go through the house to make sure everything is clear so we can go in. What she didn't know was the shadow thing had crept back into the car, and when Patty left it followed her into the house.

So a few minutes later she came out holding a thumbs-up sign, but the thing was right behind her. She hadn't even seen it. But we went in. I had to run to the bathoom by this time and I bolted to the nearest one only to findthat shadow in the doorway. O-o

So I decided to hold it. Razz

Last but not least, later that night I heard a THUMP noise and went to the kitchen to see what was going on. There, no the floor, was a book that had previously been sitting in the living room. It was an Agatha Christoe book about a man who buried his wife and tried to get away with it. Th book was paperback and laying on its spine but oddly it was pressed open to a certain page so hard that it stayed that way and the binding was creased.

I just got to read the part of the page where he buries her when I heard another noise and ran for the covers. We left the next morning and both me and my mother had dreams about the missing wife being buried under the windmill.

ANd that's it! They never foud the budy and my grandfather sold the house many, many years later. He still doesn't believe in ghosts.

I forgot to mention, we think we figured out what this was all about. We think pehaps the woman who as supposedly murdered there can't rest until her body was found. We think she may have been the shadow ghostie thing trying to communicate and get someone to follow her to where her body was.

My mom agrees it seemed to take specail interest in me for some reason. Maybe it was my age? But I was only 11 or 12 and I'm embarassed to say waaaay too terrified to sit and have a cup of tea with this whateveritwas. LOL And I certainly wasn't going to go wandreing off alone into the woods after it.

Though I rather feel bad if that was the case and were it to happen now I'd probably try to help if there was some way to.

Oh, I have a sketched picture of what the shadow looked like if anyone wants to see it. It is in spoilers below. The thing had defined shoulders and head and sort of tapered off at the bottom. It was a solid being not really a shadow of a loose cloud-like consistency.

Mind you I lack the drawing talent of a five year old. But here goes. Razz

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com

Miss Boo
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: ShadowChaser's Florida Story   ShadowChaser's Florida Story I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:26 am

No matter how many times I skim this over, it gives me the freaks. A shadow that made itself known to everyone else, just plain freaky. I have no clue how you would even go about explaining that one.
Back to top Go down
https://mystictruths.forumotion.com

JoJiaMystie

PostSubject: Re: ShadowChaser's Florida Story   ShadowChaser's Florida Story I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 am

This is the kind of ghost stories that freaks me out a little bit. o_0
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/sun_baby17/sailorsolarion

ShadowChaser

PostSubject: Re: ShadowChaser's Florida Story   ShadowChaser's Florida Story I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:45 am

I know! It gives me the chills every time I remember and re-tell it. I really have no explanation besides maybe that it was the murdered wife and she was desperately trying to reach out. But that's really only conjecture. Who knows really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ShadowChaser's Florida Story   ShadowChaser's Florida Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ShadowChaser's Florida Story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1