You Never Know What You Might Encounter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Never Know What You Might Encounter

Attention new members, please read the rules. If you fail to do so, action will be taken.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

ShadowChaser

A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D Empty
PostSubject: A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D   A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 am

Here's a story from one of my very first official ghost hunting outings. I was just out of college and had joined up with this paranormal group to go investigate a place called Raynham Hall in Oyster Bay NY.

One of the legends about the place,which traces back to the Revolutionary War days and a famous spy ring, is that the smell of apples and cinnamon randomly permeates the kitchen. Docents at the museum say that when you smell the applie pie baking, it's the ghost of an African American servant welcoming you to the house.

There are also other parts of the story including roaming cold spots, and the sighting of several of the Townsend Family members and Brisit soldiers. (I might put this in historic haunts at some point. It is a really awesome place.)

I was only a trainee then and a camera was the only piece of equipment I owned. We all had walkie talkies so we could split up and roam the house. Well most of the group had wandered upstairs to what had been Sally Townsend's room where she is said to appear or make the room ice cold. I wandered off alone downstairs into the hallway outside the kitchen.

And then it hit me, the sweet smee of baked apples and cinnamon. It was wafting all the way into the hall. We had only just heard the story about the woman who welcomes you by baking a ghostly pie and I was very eccited. But I didn't want to run in there camera flashing because it might startle her away before members with better equipment could get there to take readings.

So I got on the radio as quietly as I could (in the style of Peter Venkman from GhostBusters when he saw Slimer), and whispered "Hey...guys?"

"Yeah, what's up? We're in Sally's room.", said Peter, the leader of the group.

"You know the apple-cinnamon smell? It's here Pete. I smell it..."

Suddenly there was the soudn of a stampede of elephants as eight sets of feet came running from upstairs to the hallway outside the kitchen. We all went running into the kitchen, EMF meters beeping, cameras flashing, thermometers registering and recorders running.......

Only to find a giant bowl of cinnamon scented potpourri sitting on the counter! Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com

Miss Boo
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D   A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:59 am

Nice!

I remember on an episode of ghost hunters they were smelling reported smells, then they found spray stuff the janitor kept in a closet XD
Back to top Go down
https://mystictruths.forumotion.com

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D   A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:03 am

lol! I guess that can happen sometimes. It sounds like fun going ghost hunting even if you don't find anything.
Back to top Go down
http://britchan.tumblr.com

Sashminda
Top Moderator
Top Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D   A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:16 am

lol! At least you got to smell some potpourri! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D   A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A fun story about a ghost that wasn't a ghost. :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1