You Never Know What You Might Encounter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Never Know What You Might Encounter

Attention new members, please read the rules. If you fail to do so, action will be taken.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

ShadowChaser

Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure   Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:45 am

So it's thundreing and pouring here right now which makes me want to tell more ghost stories. ^^

I'm not sure if this one is really paranormal at all. Originally I didn't think it was, but from what I found out after the fact I'm willing to consider the possibility.

We went to Islandds of Adventure years ago and I wanted to go on the Dueling Dragons roller coaster. My hubby is over 6 feet tall and not a small guy so he couldn't fit int he shoulder harness. I went on line by myself. Now I'm visually impaired, blind in my right eye and nearsighted in my left. The line cue moves through a replica of a dark Midieval castle Well the line got so dark I could hardly see where I was going and was sort of feeling my way along.

Somehow I found that I had become seperated from the cue of people and was wandering in this dead quiet area off the castle with torchlit walls. I really couldn't see well now and was starting to get worried I was very lost when all of a sudden this guy steps out into torchlight from behind a pillar, grabs my shoulder hard with one hand and says in this booming voice "Be Afraid!" He was at least six feet tall, I think with dark hair and wearing some sort of Midieval style cloak over his shoulders.

Well this just scared the pants off of me, already freaking out over being lost in the dark. I screamed, wrenched away from him and ran full speed....straight into a stone wall. (ouch!) Razz

So now I'm frantically trailing my hand along the wall looking for a way out. I figured probably it was some in-character park staff member but still, I was feeling trapped, not knowing how to get out and it was making me feel a bit panicky to be honest as I'd been wandering now for at least a few minutes with no sign of ride-goers to be heard.

Suddenly I came to a corner and all the way across I see someone's white shirt glisten under a black light and I hear the line moving. Well I made a beeline for the guy in the white shirt, grabbed his arm and said "Please take me with you!"

I probably scared the poor guy half to death popping out of the dark and grabbing him. He's probably still telling the story to his friends like I am this one. Very Happy But I made it on to the ride and had a good time.

So hours later we're leaving the park and I decide to stop into the courtesy booth. I told them what a cool actor they had in the Dueling Dragons and how realistic and awesome it was. Now that I'd calmed down I felt it had really added to the experience.

And they told me, "We don't have any cast members in the Dragons ride."

Weird huh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com

Sashminda
Top Moderator
Top Moderator

Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure   Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:14 am

o_o That is creepypasta-worthy. XD

I thought at first, maybe it was your husband trying to scare but then realised "why would you bring a torch to a place like that -_-" That's pretty weird just getting lost in the middle of a queue and in the dark as well, usually queues are quite well lit, at least with ambient lighting.

I feel your husband's pain Sad I got denied access to a super fun simulator in Hong Kong last december because I was too tall T_T.
Back to top Go down

Miss Boo
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure   Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Sash, you are a giant, alien?

Hmm.. Maybe it could have been a normal person playing around where he shouldn't of been.... of snuck off to do something... like a quick swig from his flask.
Back to top Go down
https://mystictruths.forumotion.com

ShadowChaser

PostSubject: Re: Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure   Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Hahaha, maybe so, though I don't know that I want to ask ehat a drunk bum is doing in a midieval cape skulking around a ride at Universal. No, I definitely do NOT want to know. Very Happy

Yeah it was the darkest queue I was ever on. I could hardly see my hand in front of my face. I guess they anted ot to look dark and Midieval-ish.

That stinks Sashminda. My husband also couldn't go on the virtual make your own roller-coaster simulator at Discovery Island. Sad So I let him design one for me so at least he'd have half te fun.

They really should make rides more accomodating to those of us who aren't fit to be on the cover of Vogue. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure   Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another story - possibly paranormal? Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1